top of page
Patient and Nurse


Am I an eligible essential worker?

  • At least one parent in the household must provide direct care services to patients or clients. Qualifying professions are listed below. 

  • Acupuncturists and Healthcare Diagnosing or Treating Practitioners, All Other

  • Anesthesiologists

  • Assisted Living Center Workers

  • Athletic Trainers

  • Audiologists

  • Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians

  • Certified Nursing Assistants

  • Chiropractors

  • Clinical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians

  • Dental Assistants

  • Dental Hygienists

  • Dentists, All Other Specialists

  • Dentists, General

  • Diagnostic Medical Sonographers

  • Dietetic Technicians

  • Dietitians and Nutritionists

  • Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics

  • Exercise Physiologists

  • Family Medicine Physicians

  • General Internal Medicine Physicians

  • Genetic Counselors

  • Health Info Technologists, Medical Registrars, Surgical Assistants, & Practitioners

  • Healthcare Support Workers, All Other

  • Hearing Aid Specialists

  • Home Health and Personal Care Aides

  • Licensed Addiction Counselor

  • Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor

  • Licensed Clinical Social Workers

  • Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists

  • Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses

  • Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists

  • Massage Therapists

  • Medical Assistants

  • Medical Dosimetrists, Records Specialists, and Health Technologists and Technicians

  • Medical Equipment Preparers

  • Medical Transcriptionists

  • Naturopathic physicians, assistants, and all other related

  • Nuclear Medicine Technologists

  • Nurse Anesthetists

  • Nurse Midwives

  • Nurse Practitioners

  • Nursing Assistants

  • Obstetricians and Gynecologists

  • Occupational Therapists

  • Occupational Therapy Aides

  • Occupational Therapy Assistants

  • Ophthalmic Medical Technicians

  • Opticians, Dispensing

  • Optometrists

  • Orderlies

  • Orthodontists

  • Orthotists and Prosthetists

  • Paramedics

  • Pediatricians, General

  • Pharmacists

  • Pharmacy Aides

  • Pharmacy Technicians

  • Phlebotomists

  • Physical Therapist Aides

  • Physical Therapist Assistants

  • Physical Therapists

  • Physician Assistants

  • Physicians, All Other; and Ophthalmologists, Except Pediatric

  • Podiatrists

  • Psychiatric Aides

  • Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner

  • Psychiatric Technicians

  • Psychiatrists

  • Radiation Therapists

  • Radiologic Technologists

  • Recreational Therapists

  • Registered Nurses

  • Respiratory Therapists

  • Speech-Language Pathologists

  • Surgeons, Except Ophthalmologists

  • Surgical Technologists

  • Therapists, All Other

What are other requirements for this program?

  • Family must live in Montana.

  • Family income at or below 250% Federal Poverty Level (FPL) receive priority funding.

  • Children must be a U.S. citizen or qualified alien.

  • Children must be under 12 years old to be eligible for paid child care. 

  • Parents with children under 18 must comply with child support if there is an absent parent.

  • Child care must be provided by a child care provider licensed/registered by the State of Montana.

Household Size.png

What are the benefits of this program?

  • A family will only have up to $100 monthly copayment.

  • A family is eligible for 12 months.

  • A child care provider will be paid the full authorized amount, regardless of attendance. This ensures a child will have a child care slot with the provider.

How do I apply?

  • Fill out the application (download from the button below or contact the Butte 4-C's)

  • Submit your application to the Butte 4-C's at 101 N. Main St., Butte, MT 59701 or call for email/fax contact.


Governor Gianforte and the Health Advisory Commission approved $5.5 Million in one-time only child care assistance for certain healthcare employees through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).

bottom of page