· Providers who are currently closed will not be paid for Best Beginnings Scholarship child care cases until they reopen. Please contact your child care licensor to reopen.
· March, April, and May invoices will be paid at 100% regardless of child’s attendance. This policy ends May 31, 2020.
· June invoices will be paid at 100% of attendance for each child that had attendance of 85% or more.
· Families will need to pay child care scholarship co-payments starting on June 1, 2020.
· Paid absences will be discontinued starting on June 1, 2020.
· Daily clock in and out times are required on both online and paper invoices instead of total hours starting on June 1, 2020.
· Daily rates start at 5.01 hours starting on June 1, 2020 (previously daily rates started at 6.01 hours).
· Total child care hours paid cannot exceed 50 hours/week or 20 hours/day. This includes a child who has multiple child care providers, the total between all providers cannot exceed 50 hours/week or 20 hours/day.
· Child care can now be set as daily, weekly or monthly hours.
· Parents now have more flexibility in deciding the amount of child care needed to coordinate with their work or school schedule.
· Eligibility criteria has not changed.
Completed applications for the Emergency COVID-19 Grants will be paid to licensed providers who are currently open and those providers that are going to reopen upon state approval. Payments will be issued to providers directly from the state in a one time payment.